Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Florals FTW

Everything I have been looking at lately (in the way of fashion) has been very structured and edgy. blacks and whites and very strictly shaped garments and today I felt a little bit of nostalgia for the days I lusted over super girly frills, florals and sleeves, lace collars and all things cutesy. I went hunting and came up with these...









Maybe all the "Melbourne" in me is washing away and summer is trying to get into my subconscious. I don't know. I also stumbled across this review of the "House Of Holland" SPRING2010 while I was looking for florals...

"These days, people at the collections are anxiously asking each other, "What is the future of catwalk shows?"—but nobody seems to know the answer. House of Holland is one example, however, of what they shouldn't be anymore: a presentation with very little substance and plenty of ironically tacky clothes that are actually genuinely tacky, too (how else to describe tangerine lace?). Today's show was little more than a barely concealed excuse for a party and extravagant posing for magazines and bloggers in the front row."- Sarah Mower, London Fashion Week.

It's for these reasons I want to hide under my bed sheets and not even worry about design and become a primary school teacher and get a Labrador and buy a house in the suburbs. I have to say though, In all honesty, I would never send the following outfits out for anyone to wear as a serious outfit...





Yuck.